Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an ICSS Systems Project Engineer with a strong track record within the Oil and Gas industry. Based in Norfolk, the successful candidate will provide first class project support whilst being the technical focal point between the sub-contractor and end client.
* Initiating the system design, planning the project and completing detailed design and configuration
* Generating URS, DDS and other project related documents
* Providing technical specification to procurement and supervising suppliers
* Conducting internal testing, executing or leading the Factory Acceptance Test
* Taking responsibility for the transition to site and managing site installation
* Conducting Site Acceptance Test and ensuring system is handed over efficiently, completing all necessary documents and formalising project closures
* Minimum HNC qualification in an engineering or process related subject
* Experience in a similar Systems Engineer role within the oil and gas / petrochemical industry
* Experience working with integrated control and safety systems
* A solid understanding of PID's, Cause & Effect diagrams, control narrative's, IO schedules and loop drawings
* Ability to switch from software coding to hardware and panel design
* Understanding of ISO 9001 and Health and Safety at Work Act
* Ability to work with minimal supervision, whilst an effective team player as part of a structured team
* Confident communicator with a professional manner, and the ability to absorb and impart factual information to others and work within standard operating procedures
* A positive self-starter with drive to achieve results in a friendly manner, but at the same time maintain quality and standards
* Full UK driving licence
Applicants with Offshore certificates are highly desired, however full training can be provided. Experience with Functional Safety including IEC61508/IEC61511 is also advantageous, although not essential.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Flexibility will be required to meet customer and business needs.