Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £45,000 + Package
I am currently recruiting for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor on behalf of a Medium Regional Building Contractor who have a number of projects underway at present. They work across a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Education, Health and Industrial and jobs are generally valued from £2m - £15m.
They are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Quantity Surveyor to join the team to work across their North West Schemes.
Key Job Requirements in the business, the main elements of which are:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- management of Junior staff and immediate control of commercial team
- carry out tasks as assigned by the Commercial Director, Manager or Regional Managing Director from time to time. This will be in accordance with the level of training skills and abilities which the job holder has or indeed achieves.
- Qualified to Degree level in relevant area desirable.
- Previous experience working with a main contractor
The candidate must also have strong clear communication in all forms, must be organised and an efficient individual. Also, must take ownership of their brief, honest, hardworking and conscientious.
In return you will receive an excellent salary and company benefits. If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Rebecca Roberts at Russell Taylor for further information on: 0151 737 5560 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org