Laboratory Technician/ Chemistry Graduate
Hours: 8-4 or 9-5 Monday to Friday
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000 PA DOE
Our Client, a Global - testing company is looking to recruit for a Laboratory Technician to work at their modern complex as part of their R&D team based in Watford.
- To provide an efficient and timely sample preparation and extraction service.
- To support in the daily operations of the laboratory providing assistance where required for analysts.
- To improve the quality and the production of the laboratory.
- To prepare environmental samples via drying, homogenisation, filtration, extraction or dilution etc. as required.
- To train in the analysis of samples.
- To prepare reagents and chemical standards for routine and non-routine analysis.
- To ensure that all equipment and instrumentation is in good working order and that all relevant certification and records are kept up-to-date.
- To be familiar with all aspects of the Quality Manual and to comply at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents, which are referred to within the manual in order to comply with the UKAS/ISO Accreditation Standard.
- To be prepared for travel within and outside the UK at reasonable notice, and outside of normal working hours in line with business objectives, and to conform to customer site rules when on site.
- These duties are by no means exhaustive and should not be interpreted as a complete definition of the role.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant, Scientific discipline; Chemistry related such as the tasks outlined above.
- Will ideally have some lab experience / desired 1-year industry experience but if the person has a Chemistry - Analytical background they will be considered.
- Will have strong interpersonal skills, combined with an eagerness to learn.