Role: Laboratory Technicians / Analysts - All Levels
Salary: From £19,000 - £23,000 (£19,000 graduate level)
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for Lab Technicians / Analysts at all levels to join our clients testing company based in Cambridge. This is a good opportunity to work on days shifts 9-5pm. This will suit someone who has a passion for science and chemistry, and to improve their basic Lab knowledge.
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules
- As an analyst test the samples using various instruments such as; ICP-OES ICP-MS, HPLC, GC-MS and GC-FID.
- Assistance in the generation of accurate and timely sample and QC data in line with client expectations and our clients Quality Systems.
- Running instrumentation for sample testing
- Assistance in maintenance programmes for the Departments specific analytical instrumentation and any other analytical equipment used by the Department.
- Maintenance procedures shall ensure that instruments are kept in a clean and serviceable condition and that routine in house maintenance procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards.
- Consultation with the Divisional Manager when turnaround deadlines cannot be met.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based discipline
- Will ideally have placement experience working in a lab setting and exprience in HPLC/ GC test work.
- Strong interpersonal, organisation skills
- Able to work towards deadlines
- Good IT skills
Keywords: Lab Tech, Laboratory Technician, Testing, ISO 17025, ISO 14001, UKAS, ICP-OES ICP-MS, HPLC, GC-MS and GC