LIMS System Administrator, Environmental Testing
Location: Luton (parking onsite); some travel to their other site in the N/West of England required (once a month)
Salary: upto £35,000
Additional: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group disability scheme, share incentive scheme, Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Health screening, Professional Membership; Structured professional development scheme, providing regular performance and salary reviews
Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am - 5 pm
Our Client, a leading international testing company is expanding and looking for a System Administrator for their brand new site. The role will see you responsible for providing technical support for the laboratory's computerised systems. These systems include the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Document Management System (DMS), Electronic Quality Management System (EQMS) and various instrument software interface applications. Occasional travel to their other site is required.
Acting as a System Administrator for a variety of computerised systems, the primary responsibility is to oversee the effective use of these and other systems in use to ensure quality, compliance with GxP Guidelines, ISO/IEC 17025 standard, data integrity and improved data management and act as the main interface between the laboratory and the Client IT department. The ISO 17025 LIMS is centralised in the Bedfordshire Laboratory but encompasses the otherLaboratory as it is a shared platform whilst the GLP LIMS is an independent system house within the BedfordshireLaboratory.
- Performing computerised laboratory systems administration duties.e.g. access management, role permissions, system audit trail review, setup of new tests and optimisation of existing configuration as required.
- Mining data from software applications used for investigations, reporting, metrics and trending
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies; leading and implementing software development projects to support operational improvements.
- Supporting issues with laboratory software systems whilst maintaining compliance with Group IT policy
- Maintaining static data within the computerised systems as required
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation is available for regulatory compliance via preparation and revision of relevant operational and validation documentation for laboratory computerised systems
- Perform helpdesk functions for more complex problems in the laboratory, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, coordination and training.
- Generating and executing validation project plans, protocols and reports for computerised system validation
- Planning and managing the delivery of validation projects and procedures to meet current GxP guidelines, ISO/IEC 17025 standards, industry best practice and company policy
- Formally reviewing validation protocols, reports and procedures
- Processing and managing quality records including change controls, deviations, and CAPAs.
- Ensure all Quality Documentation/Protocol is followed, adhered to and maintained in-line with procedures
- Record and report results using good record-keeping in compliance with GLP and/or ISO/IEC 17025
- Degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with/developing LIMS packages
- Experience of SQL
- Ability to work with different teams to develop all needed custom functionality, reports and enhancements for the laboratory and quality assurance/quality control operations
- System implementation, documentation and maintenance
- Ability to manage and execute multiple IT tasks
- Knowledge of IT computing and security principles