Salary: £40,000 + Car / Car Allowance + Company Benefits
I have an exciting job opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join a North West leading main contractor. The contractor specialises in large high rise residential schemes varying in value from £20m - £100m. They are recruiting for a Logistics Manager to work in the Reading area.
As a Logistics Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimisation of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
As a logistics manager you will plan site set-up to move labour, plant, and materials around site efficiently, create operational procedures and method statements, produce daily, weekly and long term movement plans. Also, you will create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings, manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities and overall create a secure site.
- NVQ Level 3, 'A' Level, HNC or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of building regulations
- SMSTS / SSSTS
- Current full UK driving licence
- Recognised safety programme, qualified and up to date
- First Aid
- Lifting Supervisor Certification
- A suitable qualification in traffic management
- Good team player with excellent communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Possess initiative and customer focus
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with your updated CV or contact Rebecca Roberts for more information on: 0151 737 5560 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org