Manufacturing Supervisor, Cosmetics (Clean Room), GMP
Location: South London
Salary: Competitive (reflective of the shift pattern- increased for this)
Hours: 7-7 12h 4-day shift pattern (every other Saturday)
Our Client, an award-winning cosmetic/skincare company with an element of fame attached to it… are growing at a fast rate and looking to recruit for an experienced Manufacturing Supervisor.
This company has a fantastic reputation in the industry, with their brand recognisable across the UK; and with a focus on sustainability and creating a 'greener' culture within their industry- they are industry leaders at the forefront of innovation.
Why not be a part of their journey; if you are looking to work in a company that has a fantastic work culture, with lots of career scope… we want to hear from you!
The purpose of this role is to assist the Manufacturing Manager and supervise the manufacturing team to complete tasks in a timely manner to meet daily targets. It is a key element of this role to ensure all team members adhere to the department procedures and ensure they are conducted in compliance with standards of GMP and safety requirements.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Use of stock management systems
- Managing the movement of finished batches to the production team
- Planning the weekly manufacturing schedule
- Liaising with other departments as required
- Implementing areas of GMP
- Adhering to and ensuring the team follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensuring the department is cleaned and sanitised sufficiently
- Updating of methodologies for batch manufacturing
- Treatment of products that are out of stock
- Waste management
- Training and ensuring all team members follow COSHH guidelines and SWP's
- Updating the compliance centre with accident/ incident reports and carrying out the investigation procedure
- Reviewing and updating risk assessments and safe working practices with the manufacturing manager
- Being the designated department first aider and fire marshal
- Managing the team's absence requests ensuring there is suitable and sufficient cover for all tasks in the department
- Must have manufacturing management experience, ideally within a clean room setting but other GMP / BRC industries will be considered
- A degree in a scientific discipline is desirable
- A desire for continual learning is a must
- Will be a strong leader, able to act on initiative and drive results / expectations, whilst dealing with any staffing issues that may arise (conflict resolve etc).