Materials Planner (Chemical and Packaging Manufacturing)
Are you looking for a new role to work for a company who are not only rapidly expanding but also transitioning through numerous business acquisitions to strengthen their group? Do you want to work for a business that will offer you continued support and development as well as career advancement opportunities? If YES, then this could be your new role!
In your new role as Materials Planner you will be managing the material ordering and production planning process for the Blackburn Factory and overseeing the collection and input of production data. As Materials Planner you will be responsible for forecasting demand, purchasing materials, organising the production plan, managing stocks and communicating order dates and progress to Customer Service. As part of a small operations team, you will need to be flexible and expected to support Managers with other daily tasks including production data input, material issuing, customer despatches and CI initiatives.
Key Responsibilities You Will Have
- To analyse usage of CPP materials and establish and maintain minimum stock levels for key items.
- To create and manage production orders for the extrusion process
- To create and update an efficient, effective production plan for the extrusion and pouch making processes
- To purchase resins, additives, zip, cores, packaging and consumables in line with agreed limits.
- To purchase indirect materials, services and consumables in line with agreed limits.
- To liaise with Suppliers and other plants regarding timings and priorities of inbound materials.
- To support the accuracy of the material system by reconciling estimated and actual consumption on a daily basis.
- To input daily production data and to support and drive the implementation of an automatic data collection system.
- To liaise with Customers and other plants regarding timings and priorities of outbound materials.
- To provide support for despatch when needed.
- To actively contribute towards and drive CI initiates
- To compile a monthly reporting pack for Management.
- To provide support and expertise where needed.
- To forecast demand and manage certain product specific stocks.
- To purchase all materials and consumables for the site.
- To create and manage the production plans for technical packaging
- To issue resins and additives
- To ensure that production data is entered into the system correctly (Bespoke ERP System)
- Interface with the Suppliers, OPCO members, Core Management Team, Customer Services, Sales Team, Commercial and Purchasing functions of other plants, Supply Chain, Technical Team.
Previous Experience You Will Have
- 3 Years working in a fast paced production and materials planning role
- Experience working on bespoke ERP systems is an advantage but not essential
- Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holiday)
- Competitive pension structure
- Excellent local amenities
Please click on the link to apply ensuring that all of your contact details and your CV is fully updated.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager