Our Client are looking to recruit a logical thinking, self-motivated, experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. The candidate needs to have hands on professional approach and excellent understanding of engineering design principles, such as materials specification, component design, geometrical tolerance, manufacturing processes. To be able to design products that exceeds customer expectations. You must be able to plan, prioritize workloads, perform and succeed to tight deadlines. You will have extensive knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Design and develop mechanical products by studying customer requirements; researching manufacturing and assembly methods and materials
- Create innovative design concepts and realise ideas into detailed technical drawings using SolidWorks software by creating parts and assemblies
- Electronic archiving of files and data management using company PDM
- Modifying existing designs and drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Research and develop innovative ideas for new products and production systems
- Create accurate BOMs and update and maintain information in the company ERP
- Ensure document control procedure is adhered to
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results on time.
- Perform on-site audits to capture data and act as the company representative
- Report writing and presenting regular progress reports to Senior Management
- Electrical knowledge an advantage
- Ability to effectively communicate in other languages desirable
- Creative problem solving skills and able to generate new and exciting solutions
- Computer literate excellent communicator, able to liaise effectively across all disciplines of the business
- High level of attention to detail and to ability to work under pressure on a number projects simultaneously
- Work as an effective team member and travel worldwide when required
- Strong time sever design engineer with 3 - 5 years relevant industry experience.