Key Duties & Responsibilities
As Mechanical Technician your main responsibilities will be to carry out fan upgrades on-site of our customers.
- Stocking your van with the correct materials to carry out the upgrade. This will include making sure the correct fans and cables are on board, the van is stocked with the correct consumable parts to carry out the upgrade (this includes keeping the van stocked to an acceptable level at all times).
- Ensure the safe off-load of the equipment. You will work within the scope of works of our RAMS.
- Work with the site contact to make sure the correct air handling unit is turned off
- Safety aspects need to be considered while working on the Unit. Depending on the size of the project, you may be in control of a team up to 4 subcontractors.
- Installation of the fan wall according to the client's specification.
- Test the fan, recording data on a sign off sheet.
- Customer site should be in a clean and safe manner at all times.
- Some customer sites require you to remove waste
Education /Knowledge/ Skills / Ability
- Mechanical apprenticeship, with 3 years' experience with mechanical installations and rip outs.
- Heavy lifting and safety implications. Confident with cutting and grinding
- Electrical knowledge and experience of 3 phase power supply, with ideally a 17th edition qualification.
- Working in the HVAC industry with experience of working with scroll fans and plug fans is desired but not essential
- Good communication skills are required.
- CSCS card
- Prepared to travel to customer sites and stay overnight if needed
- Clean driving license
- Criminal Record Check will be carried out to be able to work on customer sites
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently