Method Development Chemist
Salary: Highly Competitive
Hours: Days, Monday - Friday
Our Client, a well-known manufacturer based in the Rossendale area are looking to recruit for an experienced Chemist to complement the existing team by creating and validating new methods. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants more autonomy by managing a lot of the technical processes and playing a key part in the development of the team and testing process in QC, Product Development and Contract Analytical Services.
- Involved in the day to day product conformance QC processes
- Using analytical instrumentation including GC-MS, IC and HPLC-MS
- Creating methods for testing adhesives, paint, polymer resin, rosin-based products
- The routine maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments
- Working with current formulations and updating chemicals for better affinity to the environmental ISO 14001 standard.
- Deformulation and reformulation of competitor products
- Potential candidates will be degree-level qualified in Chemistry with proven track record HPLC-MS GC-MS or GC-FID.
- You have an interest in using the latest technologies in GC/MS and HPLC and the Bruker Time Of Flight MS; which is essential
- Have knowledge and be well versed in developing and validating methods for analysis, as well as the ability to troubleshoot any issues with our lab equipment.