Russell Taylor are Proud to offer this amazing opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineering Manager to join our Client who is at the start of some very exciting growth plans and would like to find a leader who can help manage this process. This role will involve leading a small team of engineer implementing new processes, planning preventative maintenance, assisting in new set ups and rolling out training for new equipment. This role will offer you challenges, progression and the opportunity join be part of a very exciting journey.
In your role you will be leading a team to help keep production running smoothly through planned preventative maintenance, fault finding and striving to identify areas for improvement to optimise production.
In your new role you duties will be:
- Working with and leading a team of engineers to carry out planned maintenance on the production line to keep production running at its optimum level.
- Attending, fault finding and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- To comply with GMP Guidelines by constantly working to all relevant written procedures, especially in relation to the completion of engineering logs, machine logs, equipment set up and operation procedures.
- To develop and implement effective set-up and change over procedures which will maximise line utilisation and efficiency.
- To constantly challenge and report any UNSAFE working practises by completion of a near miss report form and liaison with the area representative of employee safety.
- Diagnosing faults and to test, repair and maintain all the Mechanical / Electrical equipment
- Providing first response engineering support
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modification.
- To be responsible for the issue and receipt of production equipment and tooling in accordance with the correct procedures.
- Monitor and report the stock levels and usage of critical spares for all equipment.
- Carry out and complete all task that are requested through the engineering request system.
- Work closely with other members of the Company to establish priority for his work which meets company objectives.
- Assisting the operation teams in ensuring the correct operation of equipment, (offering help/guidance in training).
- Work to support the engineers to meet KPI's and objectives set out
- Liaise with supporting departments to ensure good engineering service
- Continuous transfer of knowledge and best practice
Skills you require to be successful in your new role:
- Knowledge/experience of Noack blister machines, Promatic and Cam AV carton erectors, Norden tube filling equipment, liquid fillers and PCB are desirable
- Ideally be qualified to HNC level or equivalent, although previous strong experience in the role will also be considered.
- Able to read and understand engineering Drawing and Schematics
- Experience in basic electrical control principles
- Previous experience in the GMP Guidelines
- Good communication skills in both Written and Verbal
- 09:00 - 17:00
- 06:00 - 14:00
- 14:00 - 22:00
- 25 days Holidays + statutory
- Training and development opportunities
- Christmas bonus after 1st year
- Pension contribution paying up to 5%