The role holder works within clearly defined processes and boundaries but there is scope for decision making regarding how best to resolve faults, perform on job risk assessments and if repairs or replacement should take place during PPMs and if repairs for breakdowns should be carried out immediately or left until out of hours.
Work assigned is via radio requests from the Control Room to attend and resolve blockages/breakdowns in a reactive manner and/or via the CMMS system (TABS) to deal with reactive jobs regarding faulty equipment e.g. Bay doors, Dock Levellers, etc., or via Planner/Managers to undertake installation jobs or complete scheduled PPMs.
- Rectification of MHE breakdowns and technical support.
- Specialist equipment knowledge required, coupled with individual flexibility, in order to facilitate breakdown rectification & repair as well as a high degree of planned preventative maintenance.
- Extensive mechanical, electrical and PLC fault diagnosis on several different system types.
- MHE at is a 'one off' system which has little manufacturer support in the UK; role holder must be able to liaise directly from time to time with several different manufacturers outside of the UK.
- Work as part of the engineering team in order to promote best practice, suggest ideas and implement continuous improvement works and give continuous & sustained MHE reliability to production.
- Work toward and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site SLA's and KPI's.
- Undertake preventative maintenance work completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within given time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance actions.
- Offer engineering support to the relevant level at all times, to meet both the performance criteria required and to maintain manufacturer's standards in order to facilitate full production schedules.
- Support in the clearing of parcel/product blockages as required.
- Ensure all areas of Engineering (workshops, stores, etc.) are clear and tidy disposing of scrap items.
- Ensure all debris and parts removed as part of PPM or reactive jobs are cleared disposing of any scrap items.Person Specification
- Education, Qualifications and Training
- Minimum HNC and/or City and Guilds or equivalent within Engineering discipline to level 3
- Understanding of the requirements of Health and Safety Regulations/Legislation directly relating to engineering
- Project engineering and strong PC Literacy
- Analytical approach to problem solving and numerate
- The ability to take a logical approach to decision making
- Team Player
- Competent and confident communication skills
- The ability to learn new skills and develop personally
- The ability to demonstrate wider business understanding
This role is a fixed term contract but the client has needs for Permanent Engineers