Operations Manager/ Production Manager, Pharmaceutical
Location: Bolton/ Manchester West
Responsible for: 60 staff
Hours: 40 per week, working pattern to meet the needs of the role
Our Client, a multi - sited Pharmaceutical company is looking to recruit for an experience Production Manager who will oversee the 60 staff onsite and offer strategic - managerial input both internally and externally to the wider organisation.
- Your primary function will be to effectively lead and manage the operational performance of the core business activity of repackaging parallel imported pharmaceuticals.
- Your responsibilities will include overseeing the production planning process and ensuring key performance indicators (KPIs) are in place and are achieved throughout the end to end process.
- Working alongside, and with the support of the Quality and Regulatory departments, you will also ensure the businesses operational activities are compliant at all times in line with the latest MHRA Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines.
- You'll work within the organisation as part of the senior management team/ panel; helping to change and plan for the future inline with company goals and objectives.
- You will play a key role in the communication with external customers.
- Responsible for effective leadership and management of all operational departments, improving efficiencies and reducing costs where possible.
- Ensuring overall workload and delivery of orders is planned and monitored effectively.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of staff as measured by agreed KPIs. Leading, motivating and developing them at all times.
- Ensure that tasks are planned and prioritised appropriately in order to meet business needs and customer demand.
- Ensure effective 2-way communication channels are in place and operational, for example but not limited to, regular staff 1-2-1's.
- Monitor and timely management of staff absences when appropriate.
- The management of any staff disciplinary issues with the support of HR.
- To maintain a fully compliant GMP system within all Operational Areas
- To review, monitor and manage operational capacity issues
- To review, monitor and manage resource in terms of equipment and personnel
- Liaise with managers and staff of other functions to facilitate good communication and the elimination of barriers.
- Carry out duties in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures and to report any concerns to the Managing Director.
- Be proactive in identifying, gaining agreement and implementing improvements to all operational areas.
- Undertake ongoing review and improvements to documentation and processes
- Development, implementation and ownership of Risk Assessments for all Operational departments
- Ensure Compliance with H & S policies and procedures
- On occasion to be flexible by working extra hours or within other areas to meet demands of the business.
- Will be an accomplished Production Manager, with experience developing and mentoring staff in a production setting (ideally GMP or Pharmaceutical but FMCG will be considered)
- Will be Degree level qualified, with good IT skills and statistical analysis experience (monitoring trends, KPIs etc)
- Will hold a Green Belt - Six Sigma qualification
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally to the clients too