I have an exciting opportunity for a Planner to work for a national fit out contractor that specialise in high end refurbishment projects. You will ensure that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning standards, procedures and guidance as well as identify planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements. You will also identify major quantities and factors affecting the programme as well as Establishing and agreeing with Operations key methods of construction, sequencing, and installation and commissioning. You will develop overall programmes issuing to all parties for review and implementing recommendations, innovation and best practice as applicable.
The successful individual will be a dedicated and results-driven construction manager with a successful background in the achievement of profitable and quality-led contracts. Strong leadership and team management skills, coupled with a decisive problem solving ability and excellent time management skills are imperative to the role.
You will reconcile company and subcontract plant/labour and major materials elements in conjunction where appropriate Applying resource levelling techniques as necessary as well as interface with third parties to identify and resolve issues. The role of a planner will specify the timing of the contract - as well as identifying materials, duration of tasks, technical challenges, resources, environmental considerations and so on.
The DWP contract is a NEC4 Framework Contract and therefore planning is a critical part of delivery, as well as managing cost controls. My client now wish to add resilience to our delivery team by appointing a dedicated Planner to support operations, predominantly within the National Frameworks team. The team operates out of Warrington and Edinburgh; however, the role of Planner can be based in any office. Critically, the ideal candidate will have strong industry experience with a minimum of 5 years in an operational management role with delivery of fast-track Fit out projects. Prior experience in public sector contracts would be advantageous to appreciate the complexities of this type of framework.
Proficiency with Asta PowerProject (V12) is essential to produce accurate and detailed programmes. In order to liaise effectively with our internal teams and manage a range of stakeholders, you will have a positive attitude and good communication skills - as well as holding strong team behaviours.
Successful candidates will also be confident in attending and meetings - both internally and with stakeholders - presenting and explaining project programmes.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record in operational delivery: completing projects to tight time scales and deadlines.
- Have a high level of Health & Safety Awareness
- Demonstrate compliancy with standards & processes: be used to operating in a disciplined, professional way using the company's various Management Systems.
- Be experienced in all aspects of Construction within a public sector framework (fast-track fitout projects ranging from £250k - £2m)
- High level of planning and programming knowledge: Asta Power Project skills
- Fully conversant with various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications; specifically NEC3/4 and JCT contracts
- Commercially astute, highlighting potential risks, commercial exposure and instigate proactive measures to be taken.
- An understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning programming
- hold a valid driving licence
- be fully IT literate in Asta Project, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel (at intermediate level)
- Be willing to travel as the job requiresIf you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with an up to date CV or contact Rebecca Roberts for a confidential discussion on: 0151 737 5560 or email: email@example.com