Powder Coating Operator (Sheet Metal)
Time-served Powder Coater required with wet spray and shot blasting application experience. To carry out pre-surface treatment and final coating of main machine parts and also various sub-components which are assembled into the final assemblies of our various Machine Ranges.
As a Coating Operative you will be responsible for:
* Ensuring that Health, safety and quality standards are complied with, including the specific duties under them.
* Understanding and experience of JIG work would be advantageous.
* Work with sheet metal up to 3mm thick in various materials including Mild Steel and Aluminium would be advantageous - Essential.
* Work with various sections and plate material (4mm - 30mm plus thick) - Essential.
* Highlight and communicate any minor faults which may arise, and which may cause delay to production.
* Ensure work is carried out to tolerances as stated on Drawings.
* Ensure all operating conditions are safe and suitable before commencing the pre-treatment and coating process.
* Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy at all times.
* Ensure stock levels are maintained by notifying of ordering requirements.
* Carry out daily checks of coating booth, curing oven and shot blast equipment to ensure of safe operation pre commencement of works.
* Maintain accurate records of production and any other operational data as requested by the Operations Manager.
As a Coating Operative you will:
* Have experience in both powder coat and wet spray application.
* Have experience in shot blast and mechanical pre-treatment process.
* Be an excellent team player with attention to detail, be self-motivated and the ability to work to a high standard whilst working under pressure, being efficient, productive, and meeting production deadlines - Essential.
* Have previous factory production experience, especially fabricated weld
* Have JIG work experience - Advantageous.
* Be able to read and carryout instructions regarding pre-treatment and coating process requirements - Essential.
* Time Served: City & Guilds (or equivalent)
* GCSE or equivalent
* £12 p/h
* Contributory Pension Scheme (once permanent).
* Free Parking
* Career Progression
* The opportunity to work with a market leading business