The client are a UK based global group that manufactures switchgear and associated products for installation in mission-critical and live commercial buildings ranging from data centres to the international headquarters of some of the world's largest companies. They are the UK's leading provider of specialist switchgear and critical power servicing solutions.
They have 3 sites, the head office is in Kendal, Castle Mills and they have a second site on Westmorland Business Park in Kendal and service centre in Hemel Hempstead. They have approximately 450 employees. Offer an annual discretionary bonus scheme and pay increase, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, discounts at local gyms and business.
There is plenty of overtime available which is paid at higher rates.
The successful candidate will be able to;
- Operation of Press Break (Amada folding machine)
- Setting of programs
- Use existing programs and set tooling accordingly
- Write new programs and set tooling accordingly
- Maintenance of tooling
- Health and safety awareness
They will show good knowledge of the press break process and the ability to determine condition of tools and point of re-sharpening. A background with sheet metal will be considered advantageous.
- The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail.
- They must be able to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment and demonstrate flexibility; in return for which a competitive salary will be offered.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision will be essential Applicants should also be flexible to work overtime and some weekends as the role requires.