Working within the Process Engineering team you will have a multi-functional role, supporting the sales and project teams by applying your technical skills and knowledge to develop Ultra Filtration (UF) water treatment systems, aiding the sale and completion of new municipal / industrial drinking water or process water contracts.
You will also support and liaise with the project management, engineering and commissioning functions, with specific duties that include:
- Create client-specific process designs for new projects, including pre- and post-treatment requirements, membrane selection, flux selection, cleaning protocols, equipment sizing, and operation and maintenance cost calculations.
- Develop technically accurate and compliant bid strategies to win new projects by supporting proposal preparation, working as a team with Sales and Commercial Engineering through: specification review, proposal review, and preparation/review of PFD, P&ID, and system layout drawings.
- Produce process designs and experimental programs for pilots to ensure competitiveness and process optimization. Review and approve operating changes, work plans prepared by pilot project manager and pilot reports.
- Educated to a minimum degree level (or equivalent) in Chemical, Process, Mechanical or related technical discipline
- Substantial applied experience in process design and/or controls of water and/or wastewater treatment unit operations and process design software tools
- Process design and optimisation knowledge of water and/or wastewater treatment technologies such as conventional solids removal systems (clarifiers, sand filtration etc.), desalination technologies (RO, EDR, IX etc.), MBR and any other technologies applicable to relevant treatment plants
- Experience in complex water or wastewater treatment schemes, e.g. waste water reuse projects