Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the Process Safety team so that they meet their objectives with regard to regulatory compliance and organisational goals.
- Co-ordinate the process hazard review, human factors, occupied building risk assessment programs to ensure they are completed competently and in a timely manner so that site process safety hazards are known and managed.
- Maintain the organisation's process safety risk
- Lead and participate in hazard study teams, as and when required to identify and manage on site hazards
- Ensure relevant leading and lagging process safety performance indicators (PSPIs) are collated and published on a monthly basis.
- Lead accident investigations
- Work with consultants in the preparation of process safety studies
- Maintain and update COMAH Safety Reports
- Lead process safety audits at sites that fall within the scope of the organisation's PS Policy
- Ensure that operational sites maintain a high level of emergency preparedness
- Work with SHV Energy to support SHVE process safety initiatives
- Work with the Health and Safety Executive's (HSE's) Lead Unit to devise appropriate intervention plans for the organisation's COMAH sites
As such we would like you to:
- Have a thorough understanding of Process Safety, extensive hazard study leadership experience, in particular, HAZOP, PHR, SWIFT, HTA/HEA, OBRA, LOPA, SIL studies
- Have extensive experience in carrying out risk assessments - quantitative and qualitative
- Be experienced in process safety auditing
- Have experience of using bowtie analysis to manage hazards on COMAH facilities
- Be a ISO9001 auditor
- Have specific knowledge of COMAH and HAZID studies