£Competitive Salary Package + Benefits
Days Based role
Deeside, Chester, Wirral
We have a fantastic new opportunity with a forward thinking company who are continuing to develop and evolve. They are looking for a Production Engineer who can coordinate and provide support to their Deeside Manufacturing process.
The preferred candidate will ideally hold a HNC or Degree in engineering with experience in a metal goods environment.
- Undertake process improvement and capital expenditure projects
- Provide engineering support and problem solving expertise to ensure customer orders are delivered on time to appropriate standards of quality.
- Review ways to improve production productivity via LEAN and 6 SIGMA principles.
- Initiate CAPEX proposals from concept, through feasibility to implementation.
- Lead, participate and promote continuous improvement through application of 6 SIGMA, 5s, SMED and LEAN principles within the facility.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to production staff to ensure individuals/teams reach suitable competence.
- Leading LEAN manufacturing projects to reduce waste and increase productivity.
- Ensure compliance with all personal obligations under H&S legislation and adhere to company H&S policies and procedures whilst working within and striving to improve the CRH lifesaving rules.
- Conduct safety audits, risk assessments and safety tours as and when required.
- Resolve EHS, technical and QA issues.
An exciting opportunity for someone who has the passion for CI and Process improvement within the metals manufacturing arena. The preferred candidate will preferably have power press or press tool experience with a background in fabrication or welding who has been involved with purchasing Capital equipment and tooling.
Please apply via cv submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further.