Production Manager required for Global manufacturer based in the North Wales, recent investment will see 25% employee growth and will offer an exciting opportunity to work for a clearly focused organization.
- Minimum 5 years managing operations in a technically demanding environment (not Food). Career experience will preferably be within a regulated manufacturing environment
- Candidate must be degree qualified in chemistry or a scientific/engineering degree with significant chemistry focus
- Candidate must have proven track record in safety leadership, volume manufacture and must have knowledge and direct experience of world class manufacturing methods (lean, six sigma, TPM)
- People Engagement and Development - Ingrain Company values through leading by example. Mentors and coaches team in leadership principles. Provides visible leadership and involves operators in improvement activities to grow skills and increase engagement. Manages team's performance to maximize results, increase job satisfaction and build overall leadership capabilities in preparation for future assignments. Responsible for recruitment, disciplinary and performance management of team including operators. Directly communicates with operators across all shifts to ensure a consistent message is given.
- Quality - Works with Quality Engineers and team to respond to all customer issues, quality escapes and other systemic quality issues. Supports teams in root cause analysis, and ensures clear quality related communications to operators.
- Delivery - Ensures on-time and on-quantity shipment of products that meets customer delivery commitments. Ensure staffing matches forecasted machine demands. Pro-actively manage projects to improve OTIF performance.
- Continuous Improvement/Productivity - Sponsors productivity and waste improvement projects in continuous improvement activities through use of lean and various engagement tools, including kaizen, workout, 6S and applicable problem solving methodology tools.