MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with the company and legislative procedures.
- Ensure QHSE procedures are adhered to at all times; manage and report any bad practices.
- Planning of the work, implementing the plan and monitoring the efficiency of the production activities in order to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Employee relations, performance management and improvement
- Provide recommendations for investments and strategies
- Provide visual leadership and planning
- Ensure accurate documentation of production and quality control data and records
- Oversee implementation of recommended and statutory safety standards at all times
- Assist in developments required to increase company efficiency and risk management
- Directly and indirectly supervise personnel responsible for production activities while providing support, training and development of personnel.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering department in development, evaluation and execution of new products into manufacturing.
- Communicate and enforce Company objectives, policies and procedures within Production team.
- Champion continuous improvement activities within manufacturing operations.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company's QHSE objectives.
- Manage and report any NCRs, incidents, accidents, hazardous or dangerous practices.
- Carry out risk assessments as required.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Compliance with health and safety regulations and company policies.
- On time delivery of all products.
- Deliver Products to the required quality.
- Efficient management of resources to deliver products in line with company expectations.
- Compliance with company procedures.
- Reliability in completion of tasks and independent working.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- A requisite knowledge of H&S regulations and experience in implementing H&S in accordance with company procedures.
- An understanding of the implementation of quality management standards
- Knowledge of production control, material control and manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of industry products and processes
- General knowledge of engineering principles
- Ability to create and monitor complex schedules
- Ability to understand, master detail and present summary principles in recommendations to senior management
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate effectively with all
- Leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills