Russell Taylor have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Manager. We are looking for a Production Manager with a process driven production background, who is passionate about Health & safety, Productivity and People Management. Our client has is currently wanting to bring on a production manager who can continue the improvement plans they have in process currently and think of other ways to efficiently grow.
In Your new role as Production Manager:
Managing and leading your direct reports in the day-to-day operations, ensuring all that processes are being adhered to and that the Client delivery in receive OTIF and to the highest Quality.
You're Duties will be:
- Leading Daily/Weekly meetings across the shop floor.
- To work with your team and support and develop employees when needed.
- To ensure work is carried out within the allocated times and to the highest quality.
- Managing lead times in consideration of capacity and optimal use of resources
- Drive shop floor efficiencies.
- Provide timely updates to the Operations Manager covering current or forecast production issues that may impact resources, requiring either an increase or decrease (or reallocation) of capacity.
- Manage the purchasing and planning department effectively to ensure they are planning in work the correct way based on purchasing lead times of raw materials into the factory and daily updates are inputted into the build plan checklist spreadsheet
- Ensuring that factory capacity is maintained at the necessary levels considering staff Holidays, sickness and other absence cover you may need throughout the year.
- To drive all Health and Safety requirements and initiatives that the Health & Safety team require for best practice and zero harm vision.
- Always follow and engage with the quality and conformity departments to ensure we adhere to our customers and clients expectations.
- Be accountable for driving the company's processes, policies, procedures, objectives and goals within the factory ensuring your staff take responsibility for their actions.
- Ensure all staff training is completed and continuously updated.
- Manage and develop your staff through PDR's and other performance management tools that are available to you.
- Take a keen interest in the personal development of your team leaders at all levels and create a best practice culture that empowers your team leaders to manage their relevant departments with confidence.
What Experience you will need:
- 3+ years Production Management Experience
- Experience of Managing an assembly line with 100+ personal
- Experience and Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and processes such as KANBAN, 8D, KAIZEN, 5/6s, TIMWOODS, DMAIC, 7 Wastes, OEE, 5 WHYS etc.
- Strong Leadership & People Management.
- Problem Solving/Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Computer Literate (MRP, MS Office).
- CAPEX knowledge and ability to contribute with presentations and value stream mapping.
- Able to read CAD drawings
- Effective written communication skills including report writing.
- Able to focus on cost control and efficiency.
- Ability to handle pressure and assess and allocate priorities.
- "Can do", hands-on approach to work.
- Weekdays 07:00 - 16:00 with a 12:00 Finish on a Friday
- Career progression and development
- 24 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
- Employer Pension contribution up to 3%
- Free onsite parking
- Free hot drinks
- Employee Discount
- Access to all on-site facilities