Project Engineer (Cowes / Remote Working)
RTG are looking to recruit a Project Engineer to support current and up-coming projects for our Client's worldwide customer base. The company specialize in Load and Structural monitoring Systems within the Marine, Oil & Gas and Renewable industries.
The Project Engineer will be the technical lead accountable for the technical implementation of the project including hardware & software development, prototype assembly, validation testing, qualification and final hand-over to Production of a compliant, designed-for-manufacture, product.
Role & Responsibilities:
Working as part of a design team, your key responsibilities are:
* Assist the General Manager in delivering projects on time and within budget
* Provide regular feedback to the General Manager regarding progress versus Project Plan
* Review specifications and instrumentation designs and liaise with the Engineering team to implement compliant solution, with Design for Manufacture a key driver.
* Prepare Project Schedules to address the design and development requirements.
* Prepare and support Technical Authors in support of Project Documentation.
* In conjunction with the Procurement Team, obtain quotations from suppliers & sub-contractors.
* Provide relevant technical support to client and other Stakeholders
* Attend Design Review meeting with clients and other key Stakeholders
* Receive and process Shift Reports and installation details from site staff, ensuring that all required information is provided
* Identify lessons learnt from manufacturing and in-service vessel users, such that we continuously improve the reliability and utility of new electrical designs
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
* Professional qualification in Project Management e.g. APM or Prince2
* Proven experience in a comparable role
* Typically, 3+ years project management experience, preferably within an engineering environment
* Proven ability to liaise and coordinate cross-functional teams in a project management and software engineering orientated environments.
* Proven experience of delivering projects to schedule, budget and quality.
* Experience of working in a Manufacturing environment
* Experience of working using an MRP System
* HNC/BSc in an Engineering Discipline
* APM/Prince 2 desirable but not essential