We are currently looking for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with strong background in working with external manufacturers such as bespoke automated equipment, injection moulding or with a manufacturing engineering background looking to make a transition to supply chain technical operations. Ideally we would like the candidate to have a minimum of 5 year's experience of working with medical devise or a previous career working in Chemical, Mechanical, Packaging or Industrial engineering.
- Managing projects for the introduction of new assets or process improvements of existing assets at Suppliers. This may include: supplier improvements, quality improvements, supplier certifications, validations, change control, closure integrity, design/artwork, cold chain, technology transfer, new moulding tools and factory automation systems
- Working with suppliers to validate process changes, address obsolescence issues, and provide change oversight.
- Lead and execute supplier Installation, Operational and Performance Qualifications for equipment, component, material and process changes
- To maintain and communicate with the supplier metrics and/or scorecard as needed
- Participate/lead teams to improve supplier performance and total delivered cost You will be responsible for completing failure investigations for customer complaints, CAPA's and NC's.
- Use the application of Six Sigma tools to drive supplier certification goals and quality improvements
- To maintain clear communication with internal/ external business partners regarding progress, expectations, satisfaction, and/or quality of results
Essential Skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree qualified or equivalent
- Six sigma Methodology certification
Additional skills or Knowledge of
- Process development, process controls and process validation (e.g. pFMEAs, SPC, Control plans, ect)
- Root cause/failure investigations using formal methodologies
- The position would ideally suit candidates who enjoy communicating with and influencing diverse stakeholders and developing cross-functional partnerships such as R&D, Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Regulatory Affairs, etc