Russell Taylor are currently searching for a Project Planner to work in the Plymouth area. If you are looking for a permanent role, have a Degree and experience of planning, ideally in an O&G environment, please do get in touch today.
Role - Planning, co-ordination and programming deliverable for projects progressing at client site. To make sure all tasks / activities associated with both the design and delivery of the Projects are included in the project plan, monitored, reported and completed in an efficient manner.
Responsible for all planning activities, agreed with the project manager from design through to construction, commissioning and final handover. Managing various works programmes, liaising with engineers, consultants, vendors and construction, who conduct engineering and construction activities on behalf of the client. The Planner will need to be able to demonstrate experience of programme management, reporting, analysis and forecasting for design and construction. Ideally within the O&G sector, preferably with the design and construction of fuel storage tanks, process pipework, associated electrical supplies, instrumentation, civil and structural works projects. There will be a need to build strong credible working relationships with all internal stakeholders, in particular, other members of the project delivery team, operations, maintenance, HSEQ departments, procurement and other discipline engineering colleagues.
Comply with the Fundamental Principles of the organisation in everyday activities. To promote process safety leadership as the core of culture. Be a key contributor to the team and meet the project's and team's objectives. Ensure the planning activities are completed within the projects and are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements. With particular focus on safety and ensuring safe systems of work. Manage your own time and resources to be compliant with working time regulations ( WTR ) and meet responsibilities for health and safety. Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities. Always ensure effective and appropriate communication. Report on activities and provide relevant management information. Maintain high standards of confidentiality.
▪ Plan and manage the programme of works for all tasks associated with Capital Projects delivery in line with company standards and relevant and UK / European legislation.
▪ Develop and manage a robust programme of works.
▪ Produce detailed programme of works/Gantt charts etc. using MS Project or other tools.
▪ Interrogate 3rd party vendor, contractor and consultant programmes.
▪ Produce monthly reports on progress, forecast completion and programme risks.
▪ Proven experience of programme analysis techniques and earned value management.
▪ Develop Technical Standards within the planning programme department.
▪ Assist with the development of budgets and forecasts for work.
▪ Liaise with other members of the technical team on company standards.
▪ Identify and select suppliers in line with relevant legislation and Agency procedures.
▪ Working knowledge of COMAH, MOC, and CDM regulations.
▪ Previous experience of working within MAH environments.
▪ Previous experience of managing programmes for multiple site works.
▪ Previous experience in a similar role on projects of £20m+ total installed cost.
▪ Manage documentation/data/records within document management systems.
▪ Previous experience of procurement processes to support planning of the material management process to ensure materials are ordered and delivered to site on time and to suit the overall project programme.
▪ Ad hoc projects and tasks on other projects as approved by the Line Manager.