PROJECT STRUCTURAL DESIGN ENGINEER - NOTTINGHAM - £35,000 - £40,000 + BENEFITS
The primary role of the Project Design Engineer is to develop the design, and produce detailed steelwork information on allocated schemes, to facilitate the efficient and timely enactment of projects through manufacture and completion on site with 'cradle to grave' oversight.
Working primarily with the design manager to develop the design, the Project Design Engineer will also supervise any allocated CAD Technicians and supplementary design resource to achieve delivery of all required design information.
Attention to detailing for the steel work design supported by an external structural engineer, this role requires a significant level of detailing to be applied to the procurement and manufacture of multi-million pound projects varying in complexity using our design standards.
The Project Design Engineer (Structural) should:
- Be qualified to Degree or HND/HNC Level.
- Be competent in the use of Revit with the intention to learn MWF and Dynamo
- Ideally have experience or an understanding of cold formed rolling machines
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction business
- Have experience or an understanding of the procurement process of hot and cold steel
- Be capable of supervising junior members of the design team, including the allocation and monitoring of project design workload and programme reporting.
- Have good communication skills working with other engineers, procurement team and the factory assembly teamRESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES INCLUDE:
- The Project Design Engineer will:
- Be responsible for developing the enquiry stage design through to a buildable and technically compliant scheme, ensuring submission of steel information for approvals through the client team (where appropriate).
- Design, detail and deliver steel fabrication drawings through the use of Revit
- Ensure the design meets the required Client specification, and complies fully with all relevant statutory and regulatory legislation.
- Attend relevant design team meetings as required to facilitate the development of the design, and liaise with relevant subcontractors to ensure third party design elements are fully coordinated with the design.
- Supervise the work of the allocated CAD Technicians, and other design resource, to ensure information is produced accurately and efficiently in line with the overall design programme.
- Coordinate the creation and issue of design information packages for release internally and externally as required.
- Ensure all project design activity is carried out in line with the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and ensure all supporting paperwork is produced.
- Provide such programme updates and reports to the Project Design Manager as are deemed required through the project life to allow coordination.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The Project Design Engineer (Structural) should:
- Be capable of managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines in a flexible and professional manner.
- Have a background in steel fabrication or structural design, and be able to apply industry best practice to the development of fabrication and structural solutions.
- Be aware of standard industry drawing practices, and be able to develop and present design information in a legible and comprehensive manner.
- Have an understanding of the principles of BIM within a construction or manufacturing industry, and be able to apply these principles to design output.
Please call Michael Morgan at Russell Taylor on 020 3327 2013