Purchasing Manager (Healthcare Warehousing and Distribution)
Our client is a leading Supplier to the Care home sector. Through their brand and dedicated first hand customer service they help them improve their efficiencies and be outstanding. They are driven by a passion for the care and comfort of family members who rely completely on 24/7 nursing care.
We are thrilled to be recruiting for their new Purchasing Manager as they prepare for an extremely busy year in 2019... boasting new business wins and fully anticipated growth.
If this role is for you, you will be joining an incredible bsuiness, you will add further strength to their team and help them be an outstanding supplier.
Your New Role as Purchasing Manager
As our new Purchasing Manager, you will pro-actively manage a large range (minimum 1000) of stock SKUs, you will have a proven track record of improving stock turns and creating value through negotiation with suppliers. Ideally you will have experience in the wholesale, distribution, & sell business models.
Key duties within your role (but are not limited to) are:
- Management of the stock product range, identifying dead and slow-moving stock and ensuring they are quickly cleared
- Forecasting of demand for stock products
- Reviewing and monitoring stock levels, ensuring customers' needs are fulfilled and stock value targets are met
- Build and maintain supplier relationships, negotiating deals and supplier agreements
- Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- Follow up late deliveries from suppliers
- Ensure special order products are ordered and delivered within the agreed lead time
To be successful in your new role as Purchasing Manager you will be:
- Self-management, able to effectively balance a number of competing priorities
- Highly proficient in IT, including ERP systems and MS Excel
- Degree in Business Administration
- CIPS qualification (or commitment to work towards CIPS)
- Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.30pm
- 23 days a/l plus bank hoidays
- £40,000 pa or £40,000 pr if preferring part time hours
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact details and work history are up to date.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager