Here at Russell Taylor we are looking for a Quality Advisor to work with our Client in Leicester.
Our client is dealing with one of the UK's largest Gas Distribution Company owning and operating half of the UK's gas distribution networks throughout London, Northwest, and West Midlands. They transport gas safely and reliably to over 11 million homes throughout their networks.
Our client has been appointed as the Construction Management Organisation (CMO) to manage the planning and delivery of the annual network investment programme for the East of England Network to replace around 700 kilometres per year of existing metal pipe by PE pipe. This involves around 600 work schemes per year. Work schemes can be of varied length and duration and the location of live worksites will change as the work is delivered. The region is a geographically large one. The gas network construction work is done by several Local Delivery Partners (LDPs).
Quality for CMO/LDP involves:
- Correct delivery of the planned work in accordance with CMO procedures, the agreed work schedule and scheme drawings provided by the Distribution Company.
- Good technical quality in accordance with the relevant gas industry standards, including good electrofusion joints, and a very low level of rework.
- Good interaction with customers who are having the supply to their properties interrupted and a good standard of site housekeeping
- The accurate provision of data through the ITP and other methods
- The LDPs are required to provide a Quality Plan and an Inspection and Test Plan for review and approval that satisfies the requirements of templates issued by the CMO Quality Manager. These plans may need to be amended from time to time.
- Review the LDP quality plans and ITPs and, by means of feedback to the LDPs, ensure that these documents are updated as appropriate
- Undertake training of LDP personnel as appropriate about these documents and CMO's quality expectations
- Ensure that the ITP is populated with accurate data by the LDP at least once per week per site.
- Carry out a separate surveillance ITP on each site on a risk-weighted basis, typically every one or two weeks. This will involve a substantial amount of travel and the use of the CtrlHub portal and its documents and forms.
- Review the quality data from the CMO ITP and the LDP ITP and discuss any identified quality issues and assist the LDP to undertake corrective and improvement actions
- Liaise with the CMO Quality Manager on these activities and to provide reports as required
- Attend CMO and LDP meetings as required both online and in person
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the CMO Quality Management System and related systems such as CtrlHub
This role will include some working from home but will involve a large amount of travel. Car allowance or a car TBC. Our Client will provide a tablet computer and IT access sufficient for the role which will involve extensive interaction with CtrlHub and the recording of ITP results
Key Tasks & responsibilities
- Promoting a positive Quality culture
- Representing the CMO externally as the local Quality representative, including attending meetings as required
- Undertake site visits, carry out CMO ITPs and generate required reports
- Carry out audits as required
- Interfacing with and providing reports and expertise to the CMO Quality Manager and to CMO Engineering on Quality related matters
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Know How
- Educated to HNC/HND or degree level in an engineering related discipline
- ISO9001 knowledge with training and experience in quality auditing
- Knowledge and understanding of QA/QC principles and their application to the contract, suppliers, and sub-contractors
- Understanding of principles of Engineering relating to the contract scope of work. Recognition of national and international manufacturing codes and standards as well as gas industry standards, with the ability to acquire a working knowledge of the relevant ones
- Understanding of procedures, construction techniques and engineering requirements of PE gas main and related construction or the ability to quickly acquire this knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant gas industry procedures.