Role: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Permanent £40,000-£50,000 plus benefits
Our client, who is a Major Defence Contractor, is seeking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to join their established team based near Glasgow, working on a portfolio of projects within the Defence sector.
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent with experience) in a relevant surveying subject
- BA or BSc Degree
- RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership preferred
- To have successfully completed a minimum of 5 years as in a similar role, working with a project team and with the clients' surveyor, in a main contracting or project delivery environment, with experience of working with JCT/NEC/ICHEM contract forms
Summary of Role:
- Supporting the Project Manager, responsible for the delivery and financial outcome of a project ensuring such activities are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets.
- Provide support to Projects and tenders for all commercial activities.
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Project Manager, Project teams and Business Manager
- Projects: Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include; priming Project Managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of forecast profit, turnover and cash receipts for all projects together with active risk and opportunity management.
- Reporting: Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time. Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project completion. Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
- Control: Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts. Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions. Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
- People: Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk