- Works closely with the CTO and Supply chain in developing the appropriate commercial / contractual strategies.
- Carries out assessments of overall commercial and contractual health and supplier resourcing capability for the Energy Generation projects portfolio.
- Delivery of the procurement of consultant, supply chain and contracting services relating to the Energy Generation portfolio.
- Liaising with Energy Generation Supply Chain to ensure that corporate Supply Chain strategy, policy and procedures are implemented by projects.
- Supporting the Project Manager in the process of challenge / validation of estimates and development of the business cases for various project "gateway" sanctions.
- Ensure effective project governance procedures are in place, in particular record keeping, contract administration/correspondence and change management and is responsible to the Project Manager/ Project Portfolio Manager for the effective management of the contract obligations/timescales/ processes.
- Processes, reviews and recommends valuations for projects including verifying man hour returns, site costs, etc.
- Carrying out audits (as required) on suppliers.
- Advise on commercial correspondence with particular regard to correspondence concerning valuations/estimations of projects within the regional portfolio.
- Attending commercial meetings (as required) and providing input on contractual / commercial issues.
- Producing monthly reports to the Project Manager on project costs (incorporating a measure of cost from outset).
- Final account closeout.
- Assessment of any applicable contractual incentive mechanisms.
- Knowledge, skills & experience.
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation and current CDM Regulations. Note: directed reading of INV/GN/009, BEG/SPEC/SHE/COP/008 and BEG/TRNG/SWB/603/0055/01 will be required to gain an insight into the application of CDM Regulations within the business.
- Proven project and commercial management success.
- An analytical bias with the ability to provide solutions to issues.
- Well versed in modern commercial management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations/ project environments.
- Understanding of commercial, contractual and financial project drivers.
- Understanding of commercial contracting strategies within an engineering environment.
- Exhibits a strong awareness of the level of interaction required with the project team function to support the successful delivery of projects.
- Good working contractual/legal knowledge.
- An understanding of delivery techniques in regulated markets.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Able to use initiative.
- Ability to work flexibly within the demands of the project, where appropriate, while maintaining the procedural and quality requirements of the company.
- Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying Environment.
- Relevant commercial and procurement experience within a Multi Discipline construction organisation.
- Experienced in major client and contracting organisations in appropriate industry sectors.
If you would like to discuss this position further, then please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034.