Salary £40,000 - £45,000 + Company Car /Car allowance
My client are an award winning 5-star house builder and due to an increase in developments in the Merseyside area they are looking for Quantity surveyors to join their team. The purpose of these roles is to provide effective commercial management and control of projects, and to administer these in line with the applicable contract terms/statutory legislation.
With a watching brief on choice of material, cost, customer satisfaction and sales, and other critical issues, as part of a strong Commercial team - which comprises Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and Material Buyers. Your role is fundamental to my clients continued viability as a business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
Managing site developments and the attainment of targets by conducting commercial cost appraisals and viability/feasibility analysis, managing sub-contractors, materials and goods, preparing and monitoring site costs and budgets and ensuring site set-up health and safety.
What will you be responsible for?
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Create systems and processes, allowing effective measurement of commercial performance
- Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Provide financial information to the team as required to assist in financial planning
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide accurate, real time, monthly reports (Cost Value Reconciliations) and final outcome forecast
The role will be varied, and deadline driven, so excellent prioritisation and organisational skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record within residential/ extra care industry, and it is essential that you are a confident communicator, proficient with Microsoft packages, with ideally experience in a similar role/environment.
To apply please email your CV to Lauren.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me on 0151 737 5560