Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
I am currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor / Assistant Quantity Surveyor in the Wigan area. My client is a small/ medium contractor based in the West Lancashire area that specialise in fit out and refurbishment. Due to an increase in work they are looking for either an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor to join the team. A lot of their fit-out clients are in the retail sector. The company have their own joinery workshop and manufacture the furniture for their jobs.
Key Job Requirements in the business, the main elements of which are:
- providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;
- preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;
- preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- preparation of contract claims information;
- evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- setting up and maintaining contract files;
- reporting of contract accounts to Contracts Manager/Commercial Manager;
- ensuring contract cash flow is maintained;
- preparing turnover and profit forecasts;
- management of Junior staff and immediate control of commercial team
You will have a degree/HND or equivalent, ideally in Quantity Surveying and have previous experience working for a fit out contractor.
If you are interested in this position please apply now with an up-to-date CV or contact Rebecca Roberts on: 0151 737 5560 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.