Quantity Surveyor / Estimating Manager
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive (Neg depending on experience)
I am currently recruiting on behalf of construction based joinery manufacturer that specialise in joinery, retail and commercial fit out projects based in the West Yorkshire area.
They are looking to add an experienced Quantity Surveyor to the team due to an increase in portfolio of projects. My client offer projects including architects, designers, main contractors and retail clients a complete turn-key service. The Quantity Surveyor is expected to take responsibility for the delivery of high end joinery based contracts. For this role the Quantity Surveyor will need a good level of contract expertise in the joinery sector.
The Quantity Surveyor also has the opportunity for career growth for a reputable contractor.
- Responsible for all estimating output and the scheduling of workload for the estimating team
- Review all enquiries and estimates prepared ensuring best practice at all times when submitting to customers.
- Working alongside the senior contracts manager and projects managers to prepare the contract joinery schedule and full contract detail package issuing to all departments prior to commencement of a project.
- Set up and maintain a projected final account reconciliation encompassing all variations throughout the life of the project keeping the customer updated with all variations.
- Using the ordering process negotiate the best possible rates and prices for subcontract works which represent the minimum amount of risk to the Company
- Prepare subcontract order documentation and distribute to the contract management team
- Obtain evidence of Subcontractors' insurance and financial details
- Prepare and agree within a defined cycle, the maximum possible payment for work properly executed by the Company in the form of interim valuations
- Monitor production output liaising with management for best possible invoicing submission
- Attend site frequently to inspect, measure and assess contract and subcontract works alike
- Ensure that the Company pays out no more than is contractually required in the settlement of subcontract accounts
- Actively pursue the collection of outstanding Sales Ledger debtors and refer bad or doubtful debts to the company director.
- Protect the interests of the Company at all times by active prevention and defence against contractual claims from clients and suppliers alike
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now with your updated CV or contact Rebecca Roberts for more information on: 0151 737 5560 or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org