What can we offer you?
A permanent role based in the lovely surroundings of Birchwood Park in Warrington.
This role will pay a competitive salary as well as healthcare, life insurance and a non-contributory pension scheme.
What experience do I need for the role?
- 10+ years' experience in radiation shielding and dose assessment within the nuclear industry covering all aspects of a project from initial design to decommissioning.
- Experience with high energy physics experiments (e.g. accelerators) and medical treatment facilities would be an asset.
- Extensive experience in the application of radiation transport codes such as MCNP, Attila, MCBEND, FLUKA and Microshield.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills and be prepared to manage shielding projects, as well as assuming a technical leadership role within other projects.
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit team and demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to support the company in its business development activities in order to continue our expansion.
- Mentoring all section staff and provide technical advice to other members of the team.
- An ability to implement a robust deliverable checking, verification and QA process on all deliverable ahead of client issue
- A real commitment to continuous professional development.
What does the job entail?
Management of a number of shielding and dose assessment consultants:
- Plan, organise and staff the Section to deliver a high quality service
- Ensure new staff have an induction plan and work with HR and the Operations Director to make it happen
- Ensure junior members of staff with on-the-job development needs are coached/have a mentor identified and their development is regularly monitored
- Carry out a full and thorough Appraisal of staff (twice a year). Set 'SMART' objectives, give well thought out and reasoned feedback and do all you can to support their continued development
- Review, monitor & support staff progress on professional membership, liaising with HR on training and development opportunities and Technical Authorities (TA) when necessary; make sure all in the Section have an up to date Training Plan ('triangle')
- Ensure consultants are familiar with Company procedures included in the Employee Handbook, the QMS, Security, Health and Safety and the Environment policy and procedures.
- Meet the required billability for the Section
Working closely with your clients
- Ensuring the client is satisfied with the service and quality of work provided
- Act as an ambassador for the Company at all times
- Seek feedback from the client on a regular basis on performance, progress and communications