The role will be based at our client's office near Birmingham. In this role you will interface with a range of stakeholders at the pre-construction and construction stages of projects. You will also interface with external stakeholders including consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, solicitors dealing with claims and external training providers. Other key accountabilities include:
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with CDM 2015 and the company Construction Business Management System so that the necessary standards of Safety, Quality & Environmental Management are achieved
- Develop & maintain a suitably robust risk management approach to the production of designs.
- Attend meetings and site visits to proactively identify and agree scope of CES services for specific tenders and projects
- Generate suitable workflows from bid & site teams
- Carry out regular design reviews at all stages of design development as required and following final design reviews approve drawings, schedules etc. prior to issue for construction
- Ensure that designs and design checks are completed on time and within fee estimates
- Ensure work is allocated on the basis of appropriate competence and maintain records of competence
- Prepare and/or check design output and supervise the preparation and/or checking of design output by other members of the CES team or by external design organisations
- Assist site based TWCs with development and maintenance of TW registers
- Attend Technical Review meetings at start of projects
- Develop and deliver technical training courses to staff within the Construction & Investments Division in response to requirements e.g. to prevent problems recurring or as identified in annual training plan
- Take a proactive approach to own Continuing Professional Development and the Continuing Professional Development of others to maintain and advance own technical capability and that of the CES team as a whole.