Research Technician, Chemistry Graduate
Location: Blackpool, Preston area
Salary: £19,000 - £22,000
Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Additional: 20 days plus bank holidays (inc. 10 days fixed leave for Xmas and summer shutdown)
Additional: Parking onsite, company pension.
Our Client a global polymer manufacturing company based in the Preston area, is looking to recruit for a Research Technician who will be trained up in the below activities and given the chance to progress within the company.
- Discussing potential product developments or modifications with Technical Manager.
- Working on product improvement in the laboratory and set up and run lab experiments to test and develop products/Formulation, Scale up support etc.
- Keep detailed project notes.
- Preparing full and detailed analyses of the laboratory work for customer review or for internal purposes as required.
- Working on specialist products for specified customers to produce small amounts of product through laboratory rather than full-scale processing/ bespoke products.
- Sampling and testing all raw materials used in the production of set polymers depending on the nature of the raw material and its use in the process.
- Sampling and testing the product through all stages of the production process according to detailed technical specifications.
- Completing testing of product samples to deadlines, organizing batches of tests so that the next stage of processing can be completed to production targets.
- Confirming passed product to Production and approving the next stage of processing.
- Inputting test data to the Laboratory file and to the computer testing program; generating internal test reports on all tests completed on a daily basis.
- Control and monitor stocks of chemicals, consumables and equipment needed within the laboratory and re-order essential stocks when needed.
- Retaining a customer sample from each product batch.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and tidy work environment within the laboratory operating at all times within legal requirements.
- Calibrate critical instruments in rotation and according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Carry out internal quality audits to ISO 9001 and ISO13485.
- Essential that the person holds a Degree or MSc in a Chemistry based discipline.
- Will ideally have some QC Lab experience in an industrial setting but not essential.