Food Microbiology Section Head
Location: Watford / Hertfordshire area
Salary: Highly competitive,
Additional: 30 days holiday inclusive of BH, free parking, upto 5% pension contribution, death in service scheme, monthly gym discount etc
Hours: 40 per week, somewhere in between the hours of 7.00 - 20.00 (Monday - Sunday)- rotating
Our Client, a rapidly expanding international testing company is looking to recruit for a Section Head and play a vital role in the development of the food micro department. This is a brand new site and the opportunities here will be fantastic!
To provide support and leadership to the laboratory by managing operations, technical and quality functions across the laboratory.
To provide an operational support function to the Laboratory Manager, you will be responsible for Team Leaders, Analysts and Technicians, ensuring that the testing carried out is undertaken within quality systems and the core ethos of the business. You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Effective and efficient organisation and management of the daily throughput of samples via:
- Continual review of staffing/Equipment and Consumables resource
- Providing training to more junior members of staff and completing and maintaining training records
- Ensure that all work undertaken is compliant to all relevant internal standards, including H&S, Quality Systems, Procedures, Accreditations and Methodologies, and in line with customer expectations.
- Provide, through staff motivation and engagement, a psychologically safe and positive working environment, facilitating the ethos of partnership and teamwork.
- Ensure ongoing communication with staff at all levels to identify possible efficiencies within the laboratory and be responsible for implementing and trialling these.
- Facilitate a change culture, allowing all staff the ability to put forward ideas around continual improvement.
- Send Out of specification reports daily to customers, in line with customer requirements.
- Provide Problem solving and resolution alongside the senior management to identify bottlenecks and future challenges and implement changes to manage these.
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Scientific discipline
- Will have worked in a fast paced contract testing (UKAS) environment in Senior / Leadership positions - MICRO LAB only.
- Technically competent in food, water and environmental swab testing, across a range of methods and techniques
- Previous supervisory/management experience of a team within a high throughput environment.