Senior Engineer - Housing
(There is potential room for progression to a managing Engineer in the next 6 months in this role for the right candidate)
Salary up to £60,000 + Company car + Bonus scheme
My client is a leading housing residential Developer based in Manchester and they specialise in new build residential schemes with in the North West. Due to an increase in developments within the North West area they require an experienced Senior Engineer to join their Technical team.
The ideal Senior Engineer must have experience in new build residential developments who has worked for a leading house builder. The ideal candidate would specialise strongly in the engineering aspects mainly of civil highways and footpaths, drainage, sewer systems and utilities where you would focus on the technical and development processes of new build residential schemes
Main responsibilities would be to undertake due diligence reviews of technical information packs for both private and mixed tenure housing developments in order to highlight any technical issues. To control and co-ordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments. Check all engineering drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability. Attend site visits and meetings, as required, in order to resolve any problems that arise during the construction process. Procure site investigation information and engineering solutions. You will report into the Technical Director and you would assist in ensuring a smooth and efficient management of the Technical department where all engineering are dealt with on time and within budget.
- You will report into the Technical Director and you would assist in ensuring a smooth and efficient management of the Technical department where all engineering and designs are dealt with on time and within budget.
- To check all engineering drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability.
- To apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering and Ground Remediation.
- To attend site visits and meetings, as required, in order to resolve any problems that arise during the construction process.
- Help with the management of the technical team and ensuring they have a reasonable work load.
- Procure site investigation information and engineering solutions.
- Strong knowledge of planning application processes dealing with local authorities and external consultants.
- You would be responsible for providing engineering appraisals and outlining costings for land of future developments and ensuring the land is fit for purpose and could be built on.
- You would have full knowledge and experience of working on the full technical and development process of new build residential schemes.
- Aiding in producing monthly reports for each development by also managing and monitoring spend against the budget.
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
If you are an experienced Engineer looking for that next step in your career then this could also be the perfect role for you as my client are looking for an engineer who would like the opportunity to progress in to an Engineering manager in the next 6 month. They will provide all the training and guidance needed. My client are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable. You must be a good verbal and written communicator with excellent organization skills.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information or call Lauren on 0151-737-5560