Looking for a Senior Engineer or Site Agent to work on a major defence site across number projects.
Canididates will need to have a strong Civil Engineering background altough can come from any sector.
- Co-ordination of sub-contractor activities, including chairing regular co-ordination meetings with staff and subcontractors.
- Ensuring project documentation is completed for hand-over and Take Over
- Studying drawings and technical documents and raising technical queries to the Solution Managers for clarification of any conflicting information.
- In liaison with the Project Manager maintain the Site Risk Register
- Ensuring education and training on recognition of hazards and control measures required.
- Overall compliance with Health & Safety Legislation, Company Policy and best practice throughout the construction / commissioning process.
- Ensuring all site supervisors including subcontractors have adequate training and resources to carry out their roles.
- Managing inductions and tool-box talks
- Managing site rules and emergency procedures
- Obtaining and issuing all permits, as required
- Ensuring accurate signing of all site hazards during construction
- Detailed programming of site activities in conjunction with sub-contractors and the Solution Manager.
- Co-ordination of H&S meetings, site progress meetings
- Ensuring maintenance of all installed plant prior to take-over
- Ensuring call-out procedures are established and followed
- Ensuring Non-Conformance Reports are issued when required