We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Metrology Applications Engineer to support the growth of the business based in our Guildford office. We offer the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of engineering, measurement and inspection.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a Senior Metrology Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for significant client facing service work and internal technical development projects supporting our design and engineering team. The work will be conducted at both our internal metrology laboratory and customer manufacturing facilities which will include extensive travel and overnight stays. This is a demanding but exciting role for an appropriately skilled person. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Undertaking 3D data capture using primarily the GOM - TRITOP Photogrammetry and ATOS 3D Structured Light scanning sensor
- Delivering complex technical inspection reports.
- Taking day to day responsibility for project management.
- Communicating metrology results and delivering technical presentations to clients.
- Provide input into technical meetings and discussions.
- Promote and develop 3D measurement opportunities at customer sites.
- Uphold companies QMS standards including ISO9001, Nadcap7130 and Nadcap 7004.
- Working away from the office attending client sites and overnight stays, primarily within the UK will be a requirement of this role
Our ideal candidate
To become our Senior Metrology Applications Engineer, you will need to possess a degree or HND/HNC in an engineering discipline although candidates with other academic qualifications combined with relevant experience will also be considered. You will also need:
- Relevant experience using metrology systems
- Strong understanding of manufacturing drawings and relevant standards.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft software (Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel)
- A natural problem solver with excellent technical and analytical skills and understanding of statistics
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team to meet project goals
- A full driving licence is essential as regular significant national travel is expected
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a Senior Metrology Applications Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary. We also deliver exciting and varied projects opportunities, recognise, reward, and develop expertise, support and mentoring for professional registration and provide a rewarding and ethical work environment.
About the company
This company has recently been acquired by a blue chip multinational so have excellent prospects and opportunities to progress. group. We are forward-thinking company, focusing on the use, design, development and implementation of metrology systems into high value manufacturing processes. We have a team of experts who each bring specialist knowledge across the fields of design, metrology and reverse engineering. Working across a range of industries including, aerospace, automotive, energy and manufacturing which offers a diverse and rewarding engineering environment to work.