I am currently working with a large national contractor with a turnover in excess of £2billion. They work across multiple sectors and are currently looking for a Senior Quantity surveyor to join their Water and infrastructure business which has seen impressive growth over the past few years.
This contractor has an excellent pipeline of work with some high value schemes currently in construction delivery on behalf of the Environment Agency which will run until March 2021 as well as their Telecoms business which spans the country providing infrastructure builds for the mobile and fixed line telecommunications industry.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will maximise quality of service and profitability on the schemes.
- Measurement and valuation of works (on site and from drawings) for Valuations, Variations & Final Accounts by preparing detailed, accurate and orderly measurements in accordance with relevant measurement standards.
- Measurement and valuation of subcontractors work for payment and Final Account purposes by agreement of subcontract valuations and completion of regular and timely payment certificates.
- Recognising and advising Project Manager on delays, extensions of time and loss and/or expense and ensuring relevant notices are issued.
- Ensuring adequate records are kept for the purposes of valuing variations and ascertaining loss and/or expense by maintaining records of resource allocation including labour, plant and materials and reviewing subcontract correspondence for delay and loss and/or expense claims.
- Preparation of claim documentation & information for submission to Clients/ Consultants within required timescales.
- Satisfying Client deadlines for estimates and quotations whilst applying principles of profit maximisation and protecting Companies interests.
- Preparation of tender enquiry documents for the procurement of subcontractors and assist with the subcontract buyers through to placement of order.
- Internal Valuations/CVRs and subcontract liability reports in accordance with schedule of accounting period end dates and deadlines
We are looking for passion and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid track record for delivering civils projects from a commercial standpoint and based on the South Coast then get in touch as I want to hear from you. You'll need experience of working in the contracting environment with good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract. If you are degree qualified and member of the RICS or IOB (or moving towards professional membership) that would be preferred. If this sounds like you and you are ready to strive for exceptional levels of performance, call me today!
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 or apply now.