I am currently recruiting for a Senior Site Engineer to join a leading civil engineering and construction company based from their South Staffordshire office. The contractor mainly operates within the water industry and directly employing over 1200 people across the UK.
The Engineer they are looking to recruit will work alongside one of their main clients a large utilities provider. The successful candidate must have previous waste/clean water experience and will be working across multiple sites in the West Midlands.
- To perform a technical, organisational, and supervisory role on construction projects.
- Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors
- To check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work
- To oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site
- To liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project
- To write detailed reports
- To resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise
Experience and expertise required
- Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction - particularly earthworks and setting out
- SMSTS & CSCS
- IT skills - particularly Excel.
- Communication skills - to be able to communicate with site and office based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way.
- Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
- Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS
You must hold a driving licence to apply for this position
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this role please apply now or contact Aisling Groarke on 01517375560 for more information.