I am recruiting on behalf of one of the Regions largest Main contractors for an experienced Senior Site Engineer to join the team based from their Manchester office and working across schemes to the value of £85m. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality.
Key responsibilities include:
* Establish standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and project requirements.
* Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations. Ensure appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
* Undertake the works in the most economic manner to eliminate waste and avoid non recoverable costs and preliminaries losses. Monitor and work to agreed preliminaries budget. * Produce and develop project programmes and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time. Organise the works and supply chain to provide the right working environment to avoid disruption between trades.
* Understand the client priorities and adopt a professional and considerate approach to maintain good working relations.
* Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
* Manage project handover and ensure defect / snag free completion.
* Support the strategy for the closure of defects during defects period and obtain certificate of Making Good Defects within targets set. Essential and Desirable Criteria Essential
* Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications.
* Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
* Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
* Managing teams including subcontractors, direct employees and consultants.
* Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s).
* Proactively liaising with customers and communities.
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification
* (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* SMSTS certificate.
* First Aid at Work certificate.
* Valid driving licence.
Desirable * Working towards MCIOB. * Relevant degree.
On offer is a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
If you have the skills and experience outlined above and would like to be considered for this position please apply now or contact Aisling Ward on 01517375560 for further information.