Solar Design Engineer (Electrical/Construction Manufacturing)
£30,000 + Bonuses
Graduates with relevant Degrees welcome to apply
We EXCLUSIVELY have an exciting opportunity for a Solar PV Designer to join a dynamic and innovative team in the UK, predominantly based in their fabulous Birmingham offices.
The main focus of your new role is to develop and design Commercial Rooftop Solar PV projects and to support the commercial and operational team members in the delivery of Solar PV renewable projects within UK & Ireland.
The role will involve the design of Commercial Solar PV projects from the point of initial feasibility through to successful completion on site - having overall responsibility for the quality of design for the projects. This will be accompanied by the daily performance checks, assisting the Operation & Maintenance business to strategically develop lasting relationship with our customers.
The role is challenging and involves working closely with the customer, sub-contractors, professional teams and departments within the Group with the aim is to successfully deliver multiple Solar PV renewable projects throughout the UK, Ireland and support the wider Groups further afield.
Your Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Creating feasibility Solar PV designs for commercial proposals and detailed designs for operational delivery of the project.
* Manage the design and strive for improvement throughout through design.
* Liaise with the operations team to complete designs including string designs, ballast calculations, PVSyst reports.
* Controlling incoming enquiries, sourcing information and distributing accordingly.
* Manage Energy stock usage to reduce costs and stock turnaround is optimum.
* Ensure correct products are selected for the given project and roof profile.
* Effectively manage and prioritise projects to ensure project delivery schedules are met
* Assist the operations team to successfully deliver projects.
* Build and maintain strong relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service.
* Support the Operation and Maintenance business and daily checks across a multi-site, multi-client portfolio.
* Customer query handling - to review and aid the team in handling customers queries.
* Communicate with key personnel and customers as required to ensure that customer service is delivered effectively and consistently.
* Establish detailed design standards for our projects and our customer requirements.
* Provide weekly & monthly reporting to the line manager on Design tasks.
* Draft project documentation for distribution to customers.
* Planning, Building and DNO applications as and when required.
Your Skills and Qualifications
* Degree in Building, Civil or Electrical Engineering required.
* 2-3 Years Solar Commercial Rooftop design experience.
* High standard of AutoCad required.
* Experience using PVSyst or PVSol required.
* Previous experience of working within an office/internal design environment.
* Experience of working in construction or similar based industry.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat.
* PVSyst and Autocad necessary.
* Be highly organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Ability to work on own initiative, be highly motived, goal driven with a can-do attitude.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external customers.
* Ideally previous experience of working in a fast-paced Customer Service/Order Processing type role.
* The ability to work well as part of a team.
* Understanding of CDM2015.
* Background in roofing cladding is highly desirable.
Your Contractual Benefits
* Full Onsite Facilities.
* Career progression and development.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all your contact information and CV are fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant