Russell Taylor Group is working closely with an advanced automation leader specialising in automation, control and IT solutions within the nuclear, power generation, utilities and transmission markets. They are renowned for their innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety and have an excellent opportunity to join their business development team and newly-launched Internet of Things software solution. You will provide technical support, system architectures, cost estimates, etc and ensuring compliance to internal bid governance rules and procedures. You will also liaise with 3rd party suppliers, produce specifications for them to quote against and reviewing their tender returns for compliance and value.
There is an excellent salary range attached to the role and there is also opportunity to work from home.
- Work closely with bid teams and subject matter experts and provide technical and commercial writing skills, display creative flair in tender plans ensuring high standards of accuracy and document control against agreed deadlines are met.
- Support Bid Manager and at times take the lead to facilitate win themes, storyboarding, answer planning and writing workshops.
- Analyse and understand PQQs and tenders quality scoring criteria and client requirements as well as the preferences of the target audience
- Conduct research, interview contributors and gather information from a wide range of sources, writing from scratch or editing material as appropriate
- Develop and refine drafts into customer-focussed responses that are clear, well-structured and focus on benefits
- Prepare cost estimates
- Ensure consistency with house style and alignment with customer terminology
- Work with graphic designers to produce appropriate graphics that enhance the response
- Contribute to review meetings and consider review comments from review team to enhance PQQs and quality bid content
- Ensure completion of narrative meet the required internal and external deadlines at every stage in the bid process
- Follow formal systems and governance processes and ensure timely delivery of tasks within strict timescales
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a full, clean driving license.
- Have a software or hardware engineering background with a good understanding of the engineering processes used in the development and execution of successful solutions.
- Have a natural curiosity to learn new technologies and solutions.
- Have strong experience in effective time management to meet tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to achieve security clearance to at least SC level.
- Can work to APMP standards.
- Capable of working on own initiative.
- Have the ability to work to deadlines and to manage time efficiently.
- Have excellent communications skills.
- Have a naturally positive can do attitude to solving client solution issues.
- Target oriented - understands targets and demonstrate a structured approach on how to achieve them.
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Have strong literacy and numeracy skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Have the ability to work collaboratively
- Have the ability to handle challenge and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent commercial awareness.
If you would like to apply for this position or would like to discuss it further, please contact Anna on 0151 304 7034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org