Technical Lead/Team Lead - Fuels Testing Laboratory
Hours: 37.5 hrs Monday to Friday 9am-5:30pm
Salary: Upto £50,000 DOE
Additional: Special bonuses for exceptional performance, Loyalty share award after 3 years' service, shares awards as you reach a more senior level in the Company, Pension 5% employers' contribution, 4% employee contributions, Holiday 22 days increasing for every year of service up to 25 plus UK bank holidays. Life Assurance (2x base salary), Health Cash Plan
Our Client, part of a Global consortium is expanding and looking to recruit for an experienced Technical Leader/ Specialist Analyst to work at their state of the art facility on the Wirral. This is a brand new site and features state of the art equipment.
The Role: 'Reporting to - Lab Operations Manager'
- Responsibility, as part of a team, to conduct a wide range of complex analytical and physical tests on marine bunker fuels using classical, modern and instrumental techniques.
- Conducting analysis work on samples from external clients, including the management of joint witnessed analysis as per customer requirements.
- Take part in routine Round Robin and proficiency monitoring schemes as appropriate to demonstrate ongoing competency of testing
- Evaluates results and offers interpretations to customers
- Provide routine customer feedback on the progress of testing
- Conduct investigational analyses on marine bunker products and other products within the capabilities and functions of the laboratory
- Assist with developing the laboratory's Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 17025
- Provide Input towards the growth and development of the laboratory going forward
- Continued development of safety procedures and standards in accordance with HSE regulation and in-house requirements
- Responsible for the supervision, guidance and coaching of fuel services technicians
- Responsible for managing and developing the skills of fuel services technicians
- Coordinate the testing activities of the technician team to ensure adequate cover is provided both during normal operation and peak workloads.
- Responsible for investigating testing issues, and quality and safety incidents to determine root cause and ensure all relevant corrective / preventative actions are in place.
- Assists in procurement, installation and commissioning of analytical test equipment.
- Responsible for the upkeep of analytical test equipment with respect to calibration, preventative maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate supply of lab consumables though managing stores lists and timely ordering of stores items as well as non-stock items
- Responsible for reviewing round robin data and implementing corrective actions as required
- Responsible for review and writing local procedures e.g. Standard Operating Procedures, calibration procedures and in-house test methods.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to Client Inspection Services Quality Manual within the laboratory
- Conducts ISO 17025 Quality System audits
- Participate in internal and external training courses identified as appropriate to your continued development
- Will hold a Degree in a relevant Chemistry based discipline or related.
- Will have supervisory/ management experience - experience in coaching and mentoring etc too.
- Instrumentation experience essential (GC, GC - MS, GC -FID, HPLC, ICP etc).
- Experience in managing related QMS activities and auditing measures - working and ensure conformance to ISO 17025 and other related ISOs.