Cumbria - Carlisle
Salary Competitive + Company benefits
My client are a leading high spec house builder, that due to an increase in developments in the Cumbria area are looking for a Technical manager to join their team. The Technical manager they are looking for will have proven experience delivering spec housing projects.
My client are looking for an experienced technical manager to join their team in the Carlisle area. The Technical Manager they are looking for is required to manage the delivery of residential projects from initial conception through to the development completion.
They are looking for someone who can provide technical support to the land development team to assist during feasibility studies and Identify the need for external consultants (Planning, Architect, and Engineers etc.) agree fees, the scope of service, capability, timescales and deliverability. Formally appoint such consultants.
- Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
- Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning & architectural design; civil & structural engineering design; geotechnical & ground remediation strategies; statutory services - new supplies & diversions. Ensure all design information produced is issued to the relevant internal and external departments in accordance with, and on schedule with the programme.
- Be aware of and act upon commercial implications relating to planning & architectural design; civil & structural engineering design; geotechnical & ground remediation strategies; statutory services - new supplies & diversions.
- Provide sales team with drawing\specification information and support, to ensure that sales provide correct literature.
- Co-ordinate Transfer Plans, Management Plans for Estate Sales Packs, liaising with Solicitors and Sales Department.
- Tender for, set up and establish on site management companies using and implementing the group procedure.
- Have the ability to technically engage with, and direct consultants responsible for the above.
- Oversee and control planning applications to the Local Authority and deal with any other local committees, parish councils, etc.
- Interact with statutory bodies, Local Authorities and external Consultants with regards to the satisfactory discharge of Planning Conditions within an agreed time frame.
- Interact with internal departments, consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary in order to achieve Building Regulations and warranty approvals and satisfactory conditions discharge
- Knowledge of the house building industry gained preferably with a high volume house builder.
- Educated to HNC/HND level, minimum
- Strong people management skills
The role requires a strong technical knowledge base. Ideally from a technical design background, either architectural or civil engineering, preferably both. Candidates from a project management/QS background would also be considered subject to relevant experience.
If you are interested in this position, then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and if you require any more information please call Lauren Adamson on 01517375560