Based near Chester
Very competitive salary - please get in touch for details
A multinational global testing company is looking for a Technical Manager to oversee the Organic and Inorganic testing at their site near Chester.
The company offers many opportunities for progression and is somewhere where you can really develop your career.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for overseeing the Technical aspect of the testing at their site in Africa.
Reporting into the Senior leadership team the successful candidate will also be responsible for method development and be involved in validating new equipment coming into the Laboratory. In the last 18 months there has been an investment of £900,000 in new equipment alone.
The role is very much a desk based position but will be a "Technical Expert" that the teams will be able to get advice, guidance and leadership from.
The role has 2 Direct reports - the Organic and Inorganic Lab Managers and over 90 Indirect reports across both Labs.
- Provide leadership and drive the overall department across both Organic and Inorganic testing - including LCMS, GCMS, Triple Quad Mass Spec and both ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Develop methods alongside the technical team
- Responsible for leading, developing and driving the laboratory training program
- Responsible for reviewing any non-conformances and ensure any relevant investigations are completed
- Communicate with clients on any technical queries
- Present at Industry events on behalf of the company to promote their services
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a Degree in Chemistry or related subject
- Management experience within a Laboratory setting
- Experience of high volume analytical sample testing
For further details and to apply please get in touch with Johnathan Miller at Russell Taylor today.