Technical Services Manager:
Competitive salary package
My client are a national interior and design fit out contractor, that specialising in providing innovate office space design to blue chip clients.
They operate within the commercial office fit out sectors, focusing within fast track interiors. Designing and fitting out office CAT A & CAT B offices with a truly high end spec in design.
They are currently in the market for a Technical Services Manager to join their team. The Technical services manager with work alongside the project team, assisting with all matters MEP are considered.
It will be expected pre contract to provide technical advice and tactic around procurement and cost, working closely with the design teams to establish collaborative design solution where applicable
Ensuring checks of design, quality of installation and implementation, trouble shooting as required, and, focus around final commissioning
It is essential for the successful candidate to have experience in fast track interiors of some type.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Ensure clear understanding of the requirements of the services solution requirement - be this by review of issued performance specification, or, understanding of building systems and standards
- Ensure full understanding of existing building systems that are being retained or modified as part of the works, including investigation of as-built information, overview of system conditions, restrictions and risks
- Provide input into design rationale provided by supply chain - including review of scope and proposals to ensure that we have a solid and correct system solution.
- Liaise with M+E consultants where applicable, either employed by TSK, or client throughout the duration of the project as required. Build strong relationships with both consultants and supply chain
- Collaborate in design process with wider team, ensuring that design is sympathetic with the services, and that we minimize the level of modification of systems
- Establish with the project team, a plan around services development, and ensure that this is clearly and effectively communicated and implemented with the wider team - both internally and externally, including (but not limited to) :
- Technical assessment and report of potential building systems
- Outline design brief
- Risk analysis and planned mitigation
- Specialist system requirements
- Outline design proposals
- Detailed design proposals
- Establish clear parameters of system requirements and communicate effectively with supply chain to establish cost & design proposals to support our tender submissions.
- Provide technical support and clarification to supply chain through proposal development
- Ensure that design and cost proposals offered by supply chain are robust, checked and validated
- Provide filter for the project team to ensure that there is clarity around any and all technical queries as they arise, and ensure these are always adequately closed out
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading design specialist's contractor.
To apply for the role please email your CV to email@example.com or contact me on 0151 737 5560